Ask Us Your Bankruptcy Questions
There are probably more myths and misconceptions about bankruptcy than any other area of law. We don’t expect clients to understand all the complexities.
McBride Law Firm is in business to help you through these questions, so you make good decisions and take full advantage of the power of Chapter 7 and Chapter 13.
Some of the most common questions are listed (and answered) here:
- What are the real benefits of bankruptcy?
- Explain again the difference between Chapter 7 and Chapter 13.
- What is the “automatic stay”?
- Which debts can I have discharged?
- What about student loans — can they be discharged?
- Can I keep my car and home?
- How will bankruptcy affect my credit rating?
- Can just one spouse file for bankruptcy?
- How many times can a person file bankruptcy?
- What is life like after bankruptcy?
We invite you to walk in any time during office hours and ask one of our lawyers your questions about the process, how it works, and what will be expected of you.
Call McBride Law Firm, serving Alexandria and surrounding parts of central Louisiana, at 318-445-8066.