There Is Life After Bankruptcy
Many people are worried about the effect bankruptcy will have on their life. At the McBride Law Firm, we help put clients’ minds at ease. Our attorneys take the time to evaluate each individual’s unique circumstances and discuss the impact bankruptcy will have on his or her life.
Located in Alexandria, the McBride Law Firm has been serving individuals throughout central Louisiana for more than 30 years. Together, we will help you discharge your debts so you can move forward with a clean slate.
The Effects Of Bankruptcy
One of the most common questions we get at the McBride Law Firm is: “How will filing for bankruptcy impact my future?” While life after bankruptcy is different for everyone, there are some common outcomes you can expect:
- Immediate debt relief — Elimination of your debts through Chapter 7 or reorganization and reduction of your debts through Chapter 13
- Stopping creditor harassment
- Filing for bankruptcy will also impact your credit score
- You may be unable to file for bankruptcy again for 8 years
Rebuilding Credit After Bankruptcy
At the McBride Law Firm, we always put our clients’ needs first. Our firm doesn’t simply discharge our clients’ debts. We help them rebuild their lives after bankruptcy. Our lawyers take the time to explain what life after bankruptcy will look like and provide clients with strategies to rebuild their credit.
Common ways to rebuild your credit include:
- Pay your bills on time
- Use your credit cards cautiously to keep your balances low
- Only use credit cards with the lowest interest rate
- Get a secured credit card and make all of your payments on time
- Don’t open new lines of credit
- Make purchases with cash
- Monitor your credit report so you can dispute any incorrect information
At The McBride Law Firm, We Can Help. Call Us Today.
If you are struggling with debt, we can help. Contact us at 318-625-0471. We offer free same-day or next-day appointments so you don’t have to wait. Flexible hours are available and walk-ins are welcome.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.